Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Somewhat Brief Version of Our Baby Story

Paul and I have been married for almost three years. I will skip the boring dating stories because we didn't really date all that long and there is not much to tell really. However, from the moment we got married we had tried and tried to no avail to become pregnant. After 2 1/2 years of trying, failing, dr. appts, surgeries, 1 failed IVF and 5 failed IUI's we finally got the news we were waiting (not so patiently for)....WE WERE PREGNANT.


We found out two days before we were actually supposed to because all of you who know me know that I am not patient. Yes, I know, I technically wasn't supposed to take a test before the dr. said it was OK, but I just couldn't wait. I got somewhat of a positive result on my first test and sent Paul to the store to buy two different types of test to take the next morning. I got up at about 4 am to take the test and we were both staring at it waiting for the results to pop up and I said 'Oh my gosh, that is a plus sign, oh my gosh!!' We both just laughed and stayed awake until it was time to get ready for work. We then called our parents, rushed to get my blood test done and the rest is history.


The nurses at our dr's office were all so excited for us! Especially the nurse who did our last IUI since we had some difficulty with it. Needless to say we waited what seems like forever and then began our regularly scheduled dr. appointments. Here are some of the sonogram pictures that we have thus far. I love that my dr. gives sonos each visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment