Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Day We Have All Been Waiting For.....

Is finally here. We are SOOOOO excited that we can barely contain ourselves because today is our little Madden's birthday. Some of you are probably wondering why I am not resting...well the reason for that is we are being delivered via c-section today at 3PM, and since that is a major surgery I can't eat or drink anything past 7am this morning. My sweet husband is was so nice to wake up at 5:45 this morning to make me my favorite breakfast tacos so I can get nice and full. I am also having some watermelon (something I have craved during the latter part of my pregnancy). Oh, and I have just rediscovered Tang. I LOVE that stuff. It reminds me of my uncle Jason because we used to drink this stuff when we were little at my Nanny and Papa's house. I can hear him sipping it now.....he was always a loud sipper when it came to drinking Tang and Ovaltine :) Funny how we remember little things like that.

Last night we did a lot of last minute things to get ready for Madden. Paul brought down the diapers, set up the wipe warmer, set up the video monitor over the pack and play in our room, and we set up a shutterfly account so we can easily upload video for Paul's family in Michigan and my family who is in Texas but won't be in Austin for the birth. I never thought I would be good at technical things like that, but it was really easy to do. To see our videos go to: www.thewakulatfamily.shutterfly.com.

Yesterday Paul and I also did some last minute shopping and let Madden pick out a gift for big sister Kylie. Here are some pictures of the gifts he got her and the note he wrote her...so sweet. She is really excited to meet him today.

Kylie opening the silver heart necklace from baby brother Madden.
Sweet little note that Madden wrote Kylie. I think you can read it if you click on it and make it big.
Well, Paul is off to the store to get today's paper so we can save that in his baby book and of course some HEB coffee. I am not a fan of the smell of that coffee these days, but maybe that will be over soon :)

Check back later for more updates on our little guy's birthday.

Madden...we are so ready to meet you. We love you and Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am SO excited for you and your family! Can't wait to hear about sweet baby Madden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jenny! I'm so happy that all of your dreams are finally coming true. I know how long you have waited for this day. I got a text from Andrea earlier. It sounds like you have a big baby boy to hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your sweet family Jenny! I hope to meet that sweet little boy soon! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Bruiser ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to meet Madden tonight! I know he is going to be perfect! Love you!

    ReplyDelete